- HUFFINGTON POST: Best Self-Published Books of 2016
- WINNER: IndieReader Discovery Awards
- FINALIST: The Wishing Shelf Book Awards (international)
- FINALIST: National Indie Excellence Awards
Christine peered into her daughter’s room one day to discover that her child’s invisible friend was real. Even though Lori was blind, following a near-death experience, she could clearly see two ghosts standing at the foot of her bed. Linda dreamed that there would be a shoot-out at a local bar—and that may have been what saved her life the next day.
Sightseeing in the Undiscovered Country invites you to take an intriguing tour through the many mystical territories of the human experience—including premonitions, out-of-body excursions, near-death adventures, and contact with the dead. A sequel to Loitering at the Gate to Eternity, this book chronicles more than 100 mystic tales from everyday people who have worked in the fields of healthcare, education, finance, engineering, marketing, entertainment, pastoral services, and law enforcement. It also highlights recent scientific studies into consciousness, near-death experiences, reincarnation, and more.
- Find out how university and medical studies have established a convincing case that consciousness may reside outside of the body, just as the voices we hear on our cellphones are transmitted, not generated, by the device we hold in our hands
- Find out the 5 reasons why ghosts inhabit areas based on what a paranormal researcher observed over 25 years of investigating house hauntings
- Learn why house hunters may want to ask their real estate agents if the home they’re viewing is a “stigmatized property.” Find out what that term means and how you could end up with more residents than you bargained for if you don’t do some paranormal research before your house closing
- Explore why your mother’s chicken soup may actually having healing properties based on a double-blind study in Taiwan that assessed the effect of drinking tea blessed by Buddhist monks versus an unblessed placebo tea
- Discover what researchers at the University of Virginia found when investigating thousands of children who remembered past lives—and what they learned when they followed up to verify those previous existences
Travel the crossroads of science and mysticism through this intriguing new book and experience the world from a whole new perspective!